NATURAL WEIGHT LOSS REMEDIES SERIES | ACAI BERRY
Acai berry, which is also known as the palma manaca, assai palm, cabbage palm or acai palm, is a species of palm tree which is found in Central and Southern America. Similar to a cross between a grape and a blueberry, the acai berry is a small, reddish-purple drupe consisting of a cluster of seeds, with only about 15% of it being edible.
Small as it is, it comes with a world of health benefits and the wonderful ability of aiding to improve your waistline! Indeed, the acai berry which has beneficial antioxidant effects and anti-inflammatory purposes makes it easier for the body to burn calories at a faster rate. This means that those who use the acai berry for weight loss seem to develop the resting metabolic rates of naturally skinny people!
Here is how it works:
Be not deceived! There is not a thing as an “acai berry diet!” Instead, you’ll find advertisements for products such as “acai berry detox,” “acai burn,” “acai pure” and “acai berry edge,” promising quick weight loss. Otherwise, the berry is combined with other fruits and foods in other diet plans to help shed off the extra weight.
If you insist on using the acai as a natural weight loss remedy, here are a few tips:
- Exercise regularly while using the berry in order to get the most out of this weight loss supplement. Since it is not touted as a miracle drug, but a weight loss booster, you should follow a healthy diet and work out at least three times per week to reach your weight loss goal.
- Be realistic when choosing your weight loss goal as the acai berry cannot result in extreme weight loss overnight. It might double the amount that you could normally lose through diet and exercise, which means you can aim for 2 (0.9 kg) to 4 (1.8 kg) pounds per week.
- Use your preferred form of acai berry with a product that cleanses the colon for best weight loss results, as the two combined can help flush toxins from your system. The best way to do this is by eating natural, non-processed foods that contain lots of fibre, such as nuts, fruits, flax seed, beans and bran.
If you’re considering buying acai products, please read the labels carefully. This is because the drinks may contain a lot of added sugars and some calories. Even though the acai berry is considered to be quite a safe supplement since its fruit berry extract is 100% natural, like any other supplement, this extract does have the potential to trigger side effects, and consumers should be aware of what these potential side effects are before they buy.
I feel people giving up on the berry already. Please don’t. The acai may not help you to lose weight as quickly as you might like to but it still has some wonderful benefits to it.
- It has anti –aging effects: Because the acai berry is rich in antioxidants, they contribute to a slow or reverse aging process. These berries hold 10 times the amount of oxidants as grapes, and two times the amount as blueberries.
- It improves mental function: Preliminary research studies show that acai may prevent mental imbalance in menopausal women.
- It aids digestion and detoxification: The acai has the ability to keep our digestive system clean. They also have powerful detoxification capacities and are a well-known traditional source of dietary fibre.
- It improves cellular health: On a general level, the anthocyanins found in acai play a role in our cellular protection system, helping to keep cells strong against the invasion of free radicals
- It’s an energy booster for better sex: Due its overall health benefits, taking acai extract can lead to an increased overall level of energy and stamina that may aid to combat fatigue and exhaustion. The berry has also been linked to overall increased blood circulation in the human body, a phenomenon that may contribute to a boost in sex drive, especially for men.
Pop a few berries in your mouth as and when you please or try out an acai berry smoothie consisting the following, after which you blend and enjoy:
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 1½ bananas
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 acai frozen smoothie pack OR 1 cup acai juice
- ¾ to 1 cup ice
Do your body a favour and try out some acai, as a weight loss remedy.
Others in the Series: